Rearrange configuration files
Right now KM uses a config.ini.default file which is bundled with the app. This file could be missing or corrupt, or even modified by the user. This is not a suitable situation.
Moving it inside the src/ folder would allow it to be packaged in the binary versions, and the user won't move it around or modify it.
- The default settings should be rewritten as an exported JS object and read by the config.js file in _common_utils.
- config.ini.default should be renamed to config.ini.sample, with all settings commented.
- Last but not least : KM uses config.ini.default to determine what is its current directory (syspath/conf.appPath). This is a problem because if we take out that file, KM won't be able to get its own appPath. We need to find out if these would work :
- Search for its own executable (problem is we need to make sure they're named in a standardized way, example KaraokeMugen.exe for Windows and KaraokeMugen for OSX)
- Search for config.ini.sample, it sh ould be in the same folder as the executable.
- Search for config.ini
- Combine all those ?
- Other ways to determine the syspath ?
This is an old question, but it needs to be adressed if we want to clean up the config which can be a mess. We've seen in issue #229 (closed) that an invalid config.ini.default can cause unpredictable errors.